Week 11 Extra Credit, Learning Challenge: Reading Out Loud

Photo information: Source

For Reading Out Loud!

I read. I enjoy it.

I used to read to my children out loud. They are too old to enjoy it now. When I do it these days, they call it preaching. Meh, whatever.

For this extra credit assignment, I read out loud to my dogs. They where indifferent. I might have even annoyed them. I'm not sure.

What I did gain from examining myself as I read aloud is that I pay more attention to the meter and cadence of the oratory than I do the content of what I am reading. It does force me to articulate my words more accurately. But, I'm not confident the dogs appreciate that either. Every time I said the words, "car, walk, and go," in no particular order. Their ears flinched.

 I am very comfortable reading in my mind. I feel like I can speed read in my mind where as reading out loud is slower and labored. To try to read aloud faster feels counter productive to the purpose of reading in general.



Comments

Popular Posts